Going Deep, Extending the Reach of the Math Movement
Confidence in math has increased, the joy in math has been amplified and scores are up. These are among the accomplishments we’ve seen this past year at Explorations in Math. By moving math beyond the school walls, creating a meaningful connection between kids and math, and helping elementary school communities focus on specific math goals and measures we’ve seen a math culture begin to take hold.
Populations we served included:
- 1,146 students in 76 math clubs;
- 4,112 family members at 22 family math nights;
- 7,392 student responses to 42 monthly math challenges;
- 19 teachers and 456 students with Mathematician in Residence programs; and
- 140 students in Summer Math Camps.
Read more about our incredible year:
- Vibrant math culture of Explorations in Math partner John Muir Elementary School in South Seattle
- Test scores improve at Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary
- Investing in deeper relationships with our partner schools
- The four elements of our engagement with schools