Seeking recruiter for our volunteer program
Want to help transform beliefs, behaviors, and attitudes about math?
We need passionate people to join us in advancing a movement around math. Similar to literacy, the math movement seeks to ensure every child succeeds in math. This school year, we will grow our volunteer force and deepen the quality of their volunteer experience with us. We need you to get us there!
Details: As a volunteer recruiter, you will assist the Director of Volunteer Engagement at Explorations in Math in promoting our volunteer program and trainings. You will receive training from the director on your responsibilities. Applicants must provide full name and date of birth and sign a consent form for a mandatory background check.
Time commitment: The time commitment for this role is 3-5 hours a week. The ideal candidate will be available Tuesday-Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. to meet with the supervisor at the Explorations in Math office at 1404 East Yesler Way, Suite 204, Seattle, 98122.
- After initial training, this role can be performed in part at home using your own computer and Internet access. Weekly check-ins with the supervisor by phone or in person will be required.
- The position will receive a weekly task list to complete.
- Position available immediately, with the opportunity to conclude after 10 weeks or renew for another term.
Responsibilities: To expand our volunteer force and develop them as agents in building math culture, we seek a volunteer recruiter to:
- Increase visibility of our volunteer opportunities
- Provide input on channels for promoting our volunteer opportunities, including Web-based and social media publicity channels
- Help us execute on and document our volunteer intake process
- Post volunteer opportunities on existing Web-based publicity channels
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries about posted volunteer opportunities
- Document information received from volunteer prospects (eventually into database)
- Ensure compliance with volunteer screening procedures
- Research other organization’s volunteer intake processes and recommend improvements based on that research and your own experience.
Benefits/skills you will develop:
- Exposure to an innovative, collaborative nonprofit working to build a cultural movement.
- A rewarding experience giving back to the community.
- A place making history as Explorations in Math changes culture among elementary school communities.
Interested in this volunteer position? Fill out the form below or simply e-mail email@example.com or call 206-325-0774.