For lifelong success in math, kids need a great start –they need to be at standard or above—in their earliest school years. That is why Explorations in Math focuses on students at the elementary level.
- Every other 10th grader statewide is not meeting Washington math standards.
- Only 1 in 5 10th graders is at or above standard in math among low-income students.
Get serious about making math fun!
Explorations in Math believes that just as with literacy, we need to create a culture and movement in which confidence in and enjoyment of math is commonplace and assumed. Here’s our 5-pronged strategy for making sure that happens:
- Create high quality programs that adhere to state and national educational standards.
- Work inside and outside of the classroom.
- Offer a variety of fun and interesting out-of-class activities.
- Create confident teachers of mathematics.
- Build programs that can be sustained within a school over the long term.
Kids need not fear math! To make math a friend, rather than a foe, kids do need to know their teachers, parents, and community believe in them and will help them succeed.
Make sure they know YOU believe in them.